Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program
specialized training for event, meeting, & destination management professionals
- Group Discounts for 5+ from one company/location available
- Chicago: 26-27 September
- Chicago Hotels Nearby
- Las Vegas: 14-15 November
- Program Overview
- Course Outline
- CMP Credit and DMCP Contact Hours
The Association of Destination Management Executives International (ADMEI) is pleased to introduce the only comprehensive event emergency preparedness and risk management training course customized for meeting, event, and destination management professionals. The Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program is developed by ADMEI in collaboration with MSA Security, a leader in security, intelligence, training and investigative services. See detained information on the program below.
If your company is sending five or more participants from the same location, each registrant will get a 15% discount on their registration fee. Please email or call ADMEI at +1.937.586.3727 for the discount code.
ADMEI is proud to welcome Barnes & Thornburg, LLP, as the host for the next Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program. Their office is located at One North Wacker Drive, Suite 4400. The program will begin at 1:00 pm CDT on Tuesday, 26 September and conclude at noon CDT on Wednesday, 27 September.
ADMEI does not have a room block for this meeting so that you can use the hotel of your choice. Hotels close to the Barnes & Thornburg office include:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
- Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North
- Kimpton Hotel Allegro
- Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Loop
- SpringHill Suites Chicago Downtown/River North
This program will be held at the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas. The program begins at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, 14 November and concludes at noon on Wednesday, 15 November.
ADMEI has arranged for a special room rate of $55 at the Tropicana Hotel for our program participants. You can make your reservations here. Register for the program by clicking on the button below.
This 10+ hour program is designed to develop emergency & risk management specialists within your company by providing participants with in-depth training in:
- Emergency Planning Mission with a focus on prevention, mitigation, and recovery,
- Basics of Emergency Operations Planning,
- Comprehensive, team approach to assist in building or revising an Emergency Operations Plan,
- Extensive scenarios to explore emergency situations and appropriate responses
- Liability and Risk Management issues that can occur
- Additional planning considerations and risk assessments tools, and
- Current events and trends impacting the event and destination management industry.
Each participant will receive an Event Emergency Planning Checklist to customize for their use and a series of PowerPoints on training tactics and procedures to use for training internal and supplier/vendors.
This program begins at 1 pm on day one, includes an evening event for which an emergency preparedness and risk management plan is developed by the course participants, and concludes the second day at noon. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate in event emergency preparedness.
The cost of the program is $585 for staff of current ADMEI member companies. The fee for individuals who do not work for an ADMEI member DMC is $650. Attendance is limited so please make your reservations early! If you have five or more people from your company who wish to attend, please contact the ADMEI office at 937.586.3727 for more information.
ADMEI thanks the sponsors of this innovative program:
The program will cover:
- Current events: active shooter, improvised explosive devices, vehicular assault, person and vehicle borne improvised explosive devices, global protests, weather related, pandemic and more
- Emergency Planning: prevention/deterrence; deploy/respond; recovery/remediation
- Basics of Emergency Operations Planning
- Emergency Operations Planning Process
- Scenario Discussions for wide range of common and uncommon situations
- Building an Emergency Operations Plan
- Additional Planning Considerations: overt/covert, communication chain of command/social media, run/hide/fight - which response works best?
This program has been granted Event Industry Council for CMP Preferred Provider credit. Each participant will receive a certificate for 10 contact hours, which can be used for DMCP application or recertification.