The Association of Destination Management Executives (ADME) is thrilled to announce the Charter class of Destination Management Companies receiving their Accredited Destination Management Company (ADMC) accreditation.
These 24 destination management companies (DMC) representing 34 office locations met the ADMC Program standards and completed a successful review of their application by the ADMC commission. Barbara Dunn, Esq. Attorney and Partner with Howe & Hutton, Ltd., and member of the ADMC Commission, stated, “I underestimated the scope of the ADMC application process and was impressed as to how thorough and comprehensive the submission process is.” Program standards include requirements that measure the longevity and stability of the company, their commitment to the DMC industry and their service levels to clients.
“I congratulate those companies who have achieved the Charter designation and applaud them for taking this important step for our industry,” says ADME’s 2007-2008 President Ilene Reinhart, DMCP, CMP. “The program is designed to set the standards and industry best practices for Destination Management Companies and will enable clients to identify professional DMCs when they are searching for an industry partner.” states Reinhart.
The Association of Destination Management Executives (ADME) presented the Charter class of Destination Management Companies receiving their Accredited Destination Management Company (ADMC) accreditation at the 2008 Conference in New Orleans
Back row, left to right: Deborah Martin, DMCP, CMP, Celeste Pilkington, and Claudia Wehrman, PRA Destination Management San Diego/San Diego North/ Orange County/ Los Angeles; William Van Ert and Fabienne Hanks, DMCP, The Meeting Manager, San Diego, Palm Springs, Orange County and Los Angeles; Matt Robbins, The Event Team, San Diego; Diane Lyons, DMCP, Accent on Arrangements, New Orleans; Alan Waxler, Alan Waxler Group, Las Vegas; Michael Kleine-Kracht, DMCP, Visitours, Louisville; Valerie Hershiser, DMCP, CMP, The Key Event & Helen Moskovitz Group, Nashville; Jeffrey O’Hara, DMCP, PRA Destination Management – New Orleans; Jill DiMarco, DMCP, CMP, Signature DMC, New Orleans.
Second row, left to right: Barb Smith, DMCP, ACCESS Destination Services, Palm Springs; Kitt Garrett, DMCP, Discover New York, New York City; Laurie Sprouse, DMCP, CITE, CMP, Ultimate Ventures, Dallas/Fort Worth; Rhonda Marko, DMCP, CMP, CMM, Destination Nashville; Kevin Brewer, Destination King; Susan Gray, DMCP, MAC Meetings & Events; Tony Briggs, Briggs Inc., New York City; Laurie Stroll, DMCP, CMP, Newport Hospitality, Inc.; Darlene Sweeney, Tahoe/Reno Experience, Chris Lee, DMCP, ACCESS Destination Services – San Diego.
First Row, left to right:Nicole Marsh, DMCP, CMP, The Arrangers DMC, Denver; Ilene Reinhart, DMCP, CMP, ACCESS Destination Services – Long Beach; Rachelle Stone, DMCP, Advantage Destination Meeting Services, Miami; Susan Henderson, DMCP, CMP, Atlanta Arrangements.
Not pictured: metroConnections, Minneapolis; Destination St. Louis; Travel Services, Puerto Rico
The companies receiving Charter ADMC status are:
- ACCESS Destination Services, Orange County, Palm Springs, and San Diego, CA
- Accent on Arrangements, New Orleans, LA
- Advantage Destination & Meeting Services, Inc., Miami, FL
- Alan Waxler Group, Las Vegas, NV
- Arrangers, Denver, CO
- Briggs Inc., New York, NY
- Destination King, Memphis, TN
- Destination Nashville, Nashville, TN
- Destination St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Discover New York, LLC, New York, NY
- MAC Meetings and Events, St. Louis, MO
- metroConnections, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Newport Hospitality, Inc., Newport, RI
- PRA Destination Management, New Orleans, LA
- PRA Destination Management, San Diego
- Signature DMC, New Orleans, LA
- The Event Team, San Diego, CA
- The Meeting Manager, Los Angeles, Orange County, Palm Springs, and San Diego CA
- Travel Services, Inc., San Juan, PR
- Ultimate Ventures, Dallas, TX
- Visitours, Inc., Louisville, KY
Members of the ADMC Commission include:
- Dahlton A. Bennington, CMP CMM, Director, Business Meeting Services, Spherion Corporation, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Kathryn A. Bowling, Account Executive, BCD Meetings & Incentives, Chicago, IL
- Barbara Dunn, Esq., Attorney and Partner, Howe & Hutton, Ltd., Ballwin, MO
- Joan L. Eisenstodt, Chief Strategist, Eisenstodt Associates, LLC, Conference Consulting, Facilitation & Training, Washington, DC
- Dave Lutz, Managing Director, Velvet Chainsaw Consulting, Aurora, OH
ADME is the only global non-profit association dedicated to increasing the professionalism and effectiveness of destination management through education, promotion of ethical practices, and availability of information to the meetings, convention, and incentive travel industries, as well as the general public.
For more information about the Accredited DMC program, please contact:
Fran Rickenbach CAE, IOM
Executive Vice President
11 W Monument Avenue, Ste 510
Dayton, OH 45402
Phone: (937) 586-3727
Fax: (937) 586-3699