About ADME International
Code of Ethical Conduct
In order to provide the highest level of professionalism to our valued clients, ADMEI members have made the commitment to honor and uphold the following standards. By doing business with an ADMEI member, clients and suppliers are assured they are dealing with a DMC professional.
As a member of ADMEI, I will:
- Partner with clients, colleagues and suppliers in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Use my position in ADMEI to the support and advancement of my professional organization, and I will advise all parties including my organization, of any circumstances that may have the appearance of impropriety.
- Commit to improve the DMC profession while maintaining integrity and competence of the profession.
- Protect the confidentiality of Client Requests for Proposals (RFP) and company information shared with DMC.
- Honor oral and written agreements in spirit and intent.
- Avoid actions which are or could be perceived as a conflict of interest or for individual gain.
- Not knowingly or recklessly make false or misleading statements about clients, colleagues and suppliers or their business.
- Offer reasonable and appropriate incentives, goods and services in business relationships.
- Commit to the protection of the environment by responsible use of resources in the production of events and meetings and offering environmentally responsible alternatives to clients.
- Practice financial integrity by maintaining proper and accurate records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Supplier and Industry Relationships
As a member of ADMEI, I will
- Provide all known information during the bidding process such as whether the program is firm, or if other options/suppliers are being considered.
- Refrain from knowingly using proprietary and confidential information, proposals or concepts from competing Destination Management Companies or third parties.
Accept only reasonable and appropriate incentives, goods and services in business relationships.
- Respond with timely information necessary to successfully deliver services.
- Give business reasons why any proposals are rejected and release appropriate suppliers in a timely manner.
- Be fiscally responsible and pay all deposit and final invoices in a timely manner.
As a member of ADMEI, I will
- Act ethically, with integrity and professional competence.
- Present the events and venues that best suit the clients’ goals and objectives.
- Provide an accurate estimation of the program requirements in accordance with industry standards.
- Offer only reasonable and appropriate incentives, goods and services in business transactions.
- Use client deposits/payments as contracted for each clients’ program.
- Protect clients’ information by using programs that secure and encrypt information.
Successful partnerships are based on trust and mutual commitment and as such, we expect clients to:
- Solicit proposals with the intent of contracting DMC services.
- Provide the DMC with the most current information available regarding program including goals and objectives, budget, program specifications, demographics, etc.
- Indicate whether other destinations are being considered.
- Indicate whether another DMC or entity is being considered for the same program.
- Respect that DMC designs, ideas, concepts, pricing and proposals are proprietary and confidential.
- Provide timely feedback after proposal has been received.
- Communicate in a timely manner reasons why DMC is not selected.
- Contract with a DMC for proposed services selected.
- Establish and meet timelines, including payment schedule, to ensure the success of the program.